Wednesday, September 9, 2009

It's a New day!

Well, Hello You Awesome You! Welcome to my blog world! I hope that you are having a great day filled with peace and joy. I'm so glad that you stopped in for a visit with me. Allow me a moment to introduce myself to you. I am a creative soul who is constantly creating in some way everyday. I love to organize and clean. Yes, you read that right - clean. There is just something about cleaning that opens the windows for my creative thoughts to flow. Go figure. I have been blessed with a home of which I am able to hone my decorating and creative skills that have been in development for many, many years. Ok, I'm not that old, however, my house is a reflection of what has been in the works for a number of years. The funny thing is, that when I was in my twenties, I spent way too much money on retail stuff that just never actually worked in my home. Over the years, I unloaded this good merchandise and defined my interest as eclectic shabby repurposed comfort. Oh yeah, I furnished this look from other peoples stuff found in yard sales, flea markets and Goodwill. I just love a great find with an even better price, don't you?! I believe that my love of 1930's - 40's black and white movies (TCM) is the backdrop to my overall vision for our home. So when I find pieces that fill the bill from that era, I get really, really excited!
Most of our furniture is something that I made. Uh hum, yep, I made it - power tools and all. That's a joke between hubs and I. He knows the grocery store aisle by aisle as I know Lowes, aisle by aisle. What "biscuit" is to him (bread on which to slather butter), "biscuit" to me is a a joiner for making furniture. I'm not a prodigy of Norm Abram by any means, but I'm not to shabby either.
Recently, I have discovered the joy of making candles and soap. This is a great new hobby for me as I need a more, uh, quiet hobby, shall we say. There is nothing like making a candle and having it fill the whole house with such a great fragrance - AND - having soap that is in the same or complimentary scent. Pure heaven. As soon as I fine tune these new hobbies, I hope to be branching out to more scents-ible products so that my home smells yummy all the time in all the rooms, minus the overpowering effect.
I love to entertain and have guests into my home. Soon, I'll have the privilege of doing just that as an in-law is due to spend a few days here with us in Nashville. I just finished sprucing up the guest room to ready for his arrival and am currently pondering the menus. I also made a few quick changes around the house to quietly bid summer "see you later" and "hello" to fall.
I have been busy with many projects lately and am about to finish some of them - woo hoo! Don't you just love when you have successfully completed a project? I sure do. Maybe that is why I keep so many of them going.
Well, I will leave you with this thought from Epictetus: "First say to yourself what you would be, and then do what you have to do."
Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!! If you feel so inclined... click on the follow button on the right column to add your name to the Wall of the Beautiful and Chic. Thanks for visiting & please come back and visit me again!