Friday, September 11, 2009

Remembering 9-11

For so many of us who ignore the calendar for the most part during the week, this particular day, Friday is the day that wakes us up out of our routines. I did make it out today and found a couple of decent yard sale buys, but nothing really to write about at this time. Some things are just more important, such as today.
Today, more than being yard sale Friday, is a special Friday. The anniversary of 9-11. For me, it's a day to stop and just breath as I remember that day as vividly as if it was happening right now. I believe the images of watching the towers live that morning, will never leave my memory. Frankly, I hope it does not because I never want to forget the honorable lost ones, our many unsung heros who were there at Ground Zero and the many who rose from the ashes since that day. I don't want to ever forget who I am as a American and never want to lose that sense of gratitude because I am American. Our amazing country was founded for the literal call to Freedom and on that particular September 11th, we were all reminded of just that. Let Freedom Ring as we Stand United one Republic Under God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!! If you feel so inclined... click on the follow button on the right column to add your name to the Wall of the Beautiful and Chic. Thanks for visiting & please come back and visit me again!