Sunday, July 18, 2010

Do Not Disturb





Here is my latest Etsy project that I just finished. It's a door hanger that is ideal for a guest room, a child studying or baby napping. It's the quiet and yet direct way of letting others know that something important is happening behind closed doors and any disturbance to the peace and flow of the private project is not so welcomed.

Perhaps this description sounds odd to some of you, but I have to share what was going on while I was making these door hangers. For a very long period of time, my life and relationships have been under severe attack from the enemy and at this point in time, one relationship in particular is at a life changing cross point. I have been suffering from the physical affects of the undue and frankly, unwarranted stress of it all - more to the  point, stress brought on by someone who should be bearing their own consequences of bad choices, not me.

Just as I was putting the finishing touches on these door hangers, I had the television on to a ministry program and the teacher just happen to be teaching from 2 Timothy 1:7,  " For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." The teacher went on to say, serve the Destroyer of peace and of your life, notice to leave you alone, tell him to stop bothering you because you are the Child of The Most High and are under His protection and authority, not the Destroyers'. The teacher went on farther to say, stop taking others bad choices on as if you are the guilty one. Pray instead, that God will deal directly with this wrong person and let them suffer and learn from Gods' best laid plan to correct and instruct them.


I can not tell you how very comforting that was to my devastated heart. It's not as if I did not know this, it's just that I forgot to remember that this applies to me too.  For years I have been living under the pressure of "what if I do, what will the repercussions be from this person or that..." So not like how I used to  be. Sadly, this conditional thinking has developed from being bound to a situation that I believed I had to take as it was regardless of truth, right or wrong. But lately, the Spirit of My Father has stirred in such a way within me, that I have been the one who has been as bold as a lion and roaring back, refusing to be quiet about their hurtful, wrong choices and refusing to hurt anymore.

Does this mean I'll never hurt because of them again? Hardly. But as my Father promised in Isaiah 41:9-11
9 You whom I have taken from the ends of the earth, 
      And called from its farthest regions, 
      And said to you, 

      ‘ You are My servant, 
      I have chosen you and have not cast you away: 
       10 Fear not, for I am with you; 
      Be not dismayed, for I am your God. 
      I will strengthen you, 
      Yes, I will help you, 
      I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’ 
       11 “ Behold, all those who were incensed against you 
      Shall be ashamed and disgraced; 
      They shall be as nothing, 
      And those who strive with you shall perish. 




I believe that says it all. Hang your "do not disturb" sign out for the enemy who would love to rob you of your peace and remind him that you are not available for attack today ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!! If you feel so inclined... click on the follow button on the right column to add your name to the Wall of the Beautiful and Chic. Thanks for visiting & please come back and visit me again!