Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I need a time out or is it a time in??

I have been on the move so much lately that I feel very disconnected from a number of important people and special loves of mine. Yesterday is literally a blur. As I was drifting off to sleep last night, I was marveling at just how much I did get accomplished that day.

One thing I did was start on this old radio cabinet. My grand plan is to convert it to a hinged door cabinet, so I am tearing it apart to reconstruct it and put it back together again. Sounds easy enough, right? Ok, you can stop laughing now ;)


Actually, whenever I figure out how to safely (as in not damaging this old wood) remove the front of this cabinet and find the right hinges, it'll be a awesome storage cabinet!

I managed to also find my way over to my booth space at the Franklin Antique Mall and fluff it some. 


I didn't snag the best shot of the space, but it'll give you a good idea as to what is going on in there. What you don't see is a shelving unit behind this window cabinet that is loaded with my larger items like a old Hamilton hand turning mixer, larger silver serving pieces and smaller lamps. Over all there is quiet a variety packed into this tiny space.

Before going out to dinner, I just had to stop in at TJ Maxx and get a 'fix. I found these amazing ruffled pillows and tried to talk myself into getting them, but I have oh so many pillows already.
I turned the corner and ohmygosh, have you seen and felt this Fluffie Blanket??!! I want a complete wardrobe in this stuff!!

I just drooled over the lush, serene colors of these fluffy towels. I have a thing for linens and such. None of these oohie droolie yummies helped my addiction, let me tell you!
Ok, I have to end this before I convince myself that I actually need to go back and claim these objects of desire! Anywho, I've gotta get ready for another busy day.
Here's hugs and kisses to you all - have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. The radio cabinet looks unique :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Endy

    Yes, the cabinet is unique. The old kind from the 1920 until 1940's. I love it and am hoping to get back to work on it soon....;))
    Thanks and have a great night
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!! If you feel so inclined... click on the follow button on the right column to add your name to the Wall of the Beautiful and Chic. Thanks for visiting & please come back and visit me again!