Monday, August 16, 2010

Chasing the White Rabbit

Good Morning everyone! I do hope everyone had a fabulous weekend. I have to be honest, I'm kind of glad it's Monday after this past weekends' activities. First, I did finish the first round of painting and refurbishing projects. Tomorrow, Wednesday, one day this week, I am planning to start round two.
Here is a quick before and after of a adorable wall cabinet I reworked..

  I replaced the broken mirror that was being used as the back with a sheet of luann and glued sheet music to the wood after I aged the paper.


I finally got around to painting the chalkboard for my big frame and finishing it off.



And last but not least of the pictures for the painting endeavors, is the bookcase and bench,


        

There are other smaller items that could not escape the painting process, but apparently no pictures. Oh well. I did make it out Saturday to a few estate sales after I dropped breakfast off to my dearest friend and her sons who were busy cleaning out the garage and attic of her house. They were without a working kitchen (had to move the appliances for kitchen remodeling and were waiting for their projects to thoroughly dry). So what are friends for if not to be the food delivery person?? ;)) I returned to bring them lunch and this time I stayed to help them empty out the very, very hot attic.  My dear friend has a huge lake side home filled to the rafters -literally, with her things and her parents things, and other peoples things. She is finally at that "letting go" stage with her home and all of its contents and she cleaned house. I mean, she c-l-e-a-n-e-d house!! I stayed as late into the night as I could and they were still working when I left and the next day. Whew! Ok, end of their story, they are done and the house is beautiful! Again, no pictures. Sorry.  However, I think this picture sums up our best Girlfriends - dirt and all!

I have to take a moment here and thank all of you who visit my blog and especially are thoughtful enough to comment. Thank you for stopping by and letting me know you were here with your words of kindness and humor.  It means so much to me and is very much appreciated. I have been overly busy since the long project ended last Monday and in the process of trying to catch up, I have not been able to respond to all of the comments left here or in my email. But please bear with me and know that I have been reading and yes, sometimes weepy because of your thoughtfulness in what you write to encourage me and make me laugh;



I, at times, am feeling more than overwhelmed right now as I seem to be slipping farther behind in my life and must finish my to do list before some major changes happen in my life. In other words, I feel like I'm chasing the White Rabbit and sometimes am frustrated because I keep falling into the rabbit hole.
It will all be ok and well with not only me, but all of us - just breathe, right?



Well after this rather lengthy post, I better let you off with some humor, eh? Ok, here goes:

After arriving at the family home to deliver the family's eleventh child, the country doctor said to the father, "I almost ran over a duck out there. Is it your's?"
"That's no duck, " sighed the father. "It's the stork with its legs worn down."

3 comments:

  1. Happy Monday,

    It looks like you have your hands full this week. I can't wait to see the results. I admire your persistence. I always have to have a creative project going. Lately, the blog has served that purpose for me, but I miss getting my hands dirty "so to speak".

    A while ago I wrote a post about deep breathing. It might be of interest to you.

    http://www.confabulicious.com/to-be-healthy%e2%80%94practice-deep-breathing-exercises/

    I really do this by the way, and it works. My kids make fun of me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your finished projects look wonderful! I love the sheet m usic on the back of the cabinet. So pretty! I have been going to try that , but haven't yet. You have inspired me to get moving! lol
    You are such a sweet friend to be the foodie for your friend. You can come and live by me okay??
    Have a wonderful evening!!
    Blesings~
    PS LOVED the humor at the end too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ellen, Thanks for leaving a sweet comment concerning our little Jack.
    I love what you have done to this cabinet. You inspire me.
    Enjoy your day,
    KarenSue

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!! If you feel so inclined... click on the follow button on the right column to add your name to the Wall of the Beautiful and Chic. Thanks for visiting & please come back and visit me again!