Monday, August 23, 2010

Girls about town

Good Day Everyone!  I was thinking that a little diversity would be good for this blog today so I'm going to take you on a really quick tour of Downtown Nashville, TN. You'll see the true heart of what our little town was built on, or at least, a tiny, tiny glimpse. These are pictures of just one block of downtown. I promised the Girls that I'd behave with the camera and "just a few of downtown".... So being true to my word, here are just a few pictures...

Nashville is loaded with tons of historical buildings which drip with awesome architecture details everywhere you look...

                            

Here is the famous Ryman Auditorium. For those of you who don't know, the Ryman was the former home of the Grand Ole Opry from 1943-1974. It is still used today as a forum for some of the best music and live performances you could ever hope to experience. Every time I attend a concert here, it never fails to exceed expectations of greatness.  The Ryman is also referred to as the Mother Church of Country Music because of its intertwining history of starting out as a church in 1885, moved to being the Union Gospel Tabernacle and throughout our history, finally landed upon present day Performance Hall. 

( I was not on the front side to capture the more appealing side, but it is still the Ryman)

                                      

                                     

Tootsies Orchid Lounge and the Bluegrass Inn are only a couple of the more historical must see and hear joints downtown. Long history of The Most Famous Old Country Stars got their starts here. Along with this next place, Roberts. Roberts is very interesting as it started out and continues to this day as a shop for boots! Take a look,

                                                      

                                      
Now and as in the past number of years, Roberts has evolved into being a Honky Tonk Grill with live music. Some of the best of the best have been on this tiny stage... and it's open to the public nightly for free. I have seen a lot of stars pass over this stage and watch their music careers take off from here, wow!

                                      

                                      
Let's drop in for a quick spin at the Legends Corner to see their take on the music world.

                                       

                                      
How about we stop over to say "Hello Dolly", before her, uh, enlargement of reputation? Ok, here she is in her very early years:    
Now we'll go over to the other wall and say hello to the "after" Dolly shall we? Helloooo Dolly!! Good Golly!!


                                      
Here is a guitar for the dog lovers. It's made from a metal box. Now there's a creative challenge for those of you in the mood to make music...

                                    
Here is a sign that I really wanted to follow me home...

                                   

Here is our famous Bat Man building.

                                  
And I'll leave you with a colorful row of historical buildings which house just as much entertainment and history.
Well, that concludes our one block tour of downtown, thanks for coming along and I hope you enjoyed our little night out on the town. Come back and see us now, ya' hear?!





xoxoxox,

5 comments:

  1. I have never been to Nashville...but certainly would like to someday!!

    thanks for your comment...the hard work does pay off when it's fresh on the table......


    xo+blessings,
    Anne Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anne Marie,

    Oh, you'll have to come to Nashville and see our big-little town. There is usually something going on somewhere.
    Would love to have a meal off the farm at your table - yum! I love farm fresh produce. And you're right, hard work does pay off!

    xoxox,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the tour makes me a little home sick as I lived in Charlotte NC for almost 30 years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm sorry for that or was that a good thing? as in a visit home, hopefully? I'm trying here - lol!! Truly, I know what you mean. And I'm glad you enjoyed so hopefully it helps to easy the homesickness.

    xoxox,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ellen, your site looks great. Thank you for following More Chic Than Shabby. I think Nashville is such a fun place to visit.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!! If you feel so inclined... click on the follow button on the right column to add your name to the Wall of the Beautiful and Chic. Thanks for visiting & please come back and visit me again!